Infertility is a condition not a disease affecting the reproductive system that prevents successful pregnancy. It is typically diagnosed after a couple has had 6 to 12 months of unprotected, well-timed intercourse.
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Ovulation disorder
- Elevated prolactin
- Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS)
- Early menopause
- Benign uterine fibroids
- Pelvic adhesions, of other causes can lead to infertility
- Hormone test
- Ovulatory scan.
IN SIDDHA SYSTEM :
Infertility is denoted as MALADU in siddha system of medicine. It is defined as inability to pregnant .
In ancient times one of the famous sidhar“THIRUMOOLAR” said that KarpaPuzhu is one of the main cause for infertility. He also stated thatthis karpapuzhu will eat the sperms.
Maladu is classified into six types in siddha system of medicine. They are
- It is defined as there is no issues after the two babies.
- It is defined as no issues after one baby.
- It is defined as repeated abortions occur, there is no issues.
- The main symptoms of aan maladu is described as
- The semen contains very low specific gravity(weight less sperms).
Pen maladu :
- The Main symptoms of pen maladu is described as
- Bleeding during the each menstrual cycle should be noted,the symptoms are
- yellowish black
- Passing clots
- Bleeding looks like pus,urine, motion.
- "YUGI MUNI” also states that obesity is one of the main cause for infertililty .The main symptoms are
- Excessive body weight especially in centripetal type.
The patient were treated according to everyone’s complaints and condition.The common basic treatment include
- Bringing Tridhosas in to it’s equilibrium state.
- Treatment for Malatupuzhu at the time of menstruation(especially on first three days of cycle)
- Administration of Internal medicine with suitable Anupanam.
- External touch therapy (VARMA) and yoga.
- Pathiyam that is diet restriction to normalize the viateddhosas and maintain good drug action.